Jan. 16th, 2017

infryq: Kitchen scene at dawn, post-processed to appear as if painted (Default)
Yesterday I played with the tjanting tool some more. Stretching the fabric
over a frame (a cookie sheet) helped, and hitting it with a heat gun also
helped. I have just the edges to do left and then it can go into the
dyebath.

B came over after brunch with P and the meandering life updates led them up
to my fiber studio -- I gave a brief intro to wool processing and sheep
breed theory, demoed the spinning wheel, and talked about the differences
between wool and plant fibers and how fiber length contributes to
durability. B is a good audience and had great questions!

I finished the body of one mitten lining and started the second one.

Had to fuss with the LJ deletion tool a bunch more but I think I finally
have it figured out... my lj back catalogue is gone now regardless. Cleaned
everything up, submitted a pull request for the library I modded, and
posted the script online. Details are on my final lj post.

Today will be more materia medica, washing yarn, knitting, and batik. I
also want to do a bit of activist reading in honor of MLK day.
Page generated Sep. 23rd, 2017 12:04 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios